BELKNAP’S PRESET SLIP-TORQ TORQUE WRENCHES are a simple concept in precision torque control. It attaches to any ratchet, t-handle or breaker bar to provide the ultimate in torque control. When the torque value is reached, the unit slips with an audible “click” and automatically resets itself. Force applied cannot exceed the setting.
The standard Slip-Torq tool is designed to be used in either the CW or CCW direction. When the torque release setting is established in either direction, CW or CCW, the user may expect repeatability from release-to-release within ± 5% of setting. Generally, however, as you approach the mid-range or higher of any particular model, the repeatability percentage from release-to-release will improve.
The One-Way Slip-Torq will “click” and slip in a CW direction, and LOCK-UP in a CCW direction (after 1 or 2 turns) allowing for the backoff of the fastener.
- Accuracy = ± 5% (in the direction in which it is calibrated.)
NOTE: You must specify if you want the certification to show both CW and CCW directions.
- Tamper-proof torque value.
- Force applied cannot exceed torque setting.
- Most models torque in both CW and CCW direction.
- Impossible to over-torque.
- Torque is controlled within the capsule; lever length has no effect.
- Loud, audible “click” when torque is achieved.
- Attaches to any driving tool, ratchet, t-handle or breaker bar.
- Lightweight, compact and rugged.
- All models are available with a “T” Handle.
- Not recommended for use with power tool.